Acer Chromebook 14 CB3-431

Andrewbl
Andrewbl Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

When I type on my Chromebook 14, and carefully place my hands well above the mousepad, invariably my cursor (typing starting point) jumps to another place on the screen, not always on the what I am typing. Is this usual behavior for this model? Is there a fix. I've tried altering the parameters for the trackpad, but unless I turn it off completely and use a bluetooth mouse, I can't stop the flitting about. Even when I use a bluetooth mouse, the same behavior can appear. Any thoughts on why this happening.  Really bothersome. I would like to hope there was fix and I wasn't forced to sell this unit and return to a Windows 10 laptop.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

No, it's not the normal bahavior. Do you see phantom movements if you try hovering? How about clicks without touching the pad?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Andrewbl
    Andrewbl Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I don't see phantom movements, rather the cursor jumps happen between the time I stop typing a sentence and the start of the next sentence. Before I resume retyping the cursor jumps to another place on the screen and I have to click the cursor back into position. The problem is transient, but occurs about 50% of the time. Very annoying. I'm about to bag this Acer Chromebook 14 and try another brand.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

There may be something comming loose below the touchpad. You should give Acer support a try and see if they'll fix it under warranty.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.