newly purchased refurbished 4gb c720 only showing 2gb!

derekbishof
derekbishof Member Posts: 3 New User

help...? troubleshooting? I already sent an email via merchant with no reply...

Best Answer

• derekbishof
    Answer ✓

Thanks billsey, but I tripled checked the label and am sure. Fortunately support got back to me and sent me a shipping label to return it. I sent it UPS Friday night and waiting for a new one so (fingers crossed) this problem is now solved. Thanks to everyone for the help!

Answers

• techy
    techy Member Posts: 56 Troubleshooter

go to crucial.com run their system scanner, it will tell you your system specs, how much ram you have and the max your machine can take.

• derekbishof

Thanks for suggestion Techy,

Unfortunately the scanner at crucial.com is in .exe format... unless I didn't see the link to the chrome version...?

Here is some specific info for anyone else who may be able to help:

• This is my second acer c720 4gb - the first one was stolen less than a month after purchase.
    • I used the exact same link through the merchant to purchase this one and can confirm it should have 4gb ram.
    • The model number is C720-2844 - Peppy
    • I've checked using the chrome app "system" and chrome://settings and memory is showing as 2gb

I've tried:

• factory reset
    • powerwash
    • chrome utility recovery using another computer to create full recovery drive and reinstalling chrome
    • and more

I've searched everywhere for an answer with no luck. I've emailed the merchant and acer yesterday with no response yet.

And off to work I go... hopefully I'll get some input/response by this evening. 

Thanks. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Double check the label to make sure it's the -2844 SKU, it should have 4GB, but earlier models only had 2GB.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • derekbishof
    Answer ✓

Thanks billsey, but I tripled checked the label and am sure. Fortunately support got back to me and sent me a shipping label to return it. I sent it UPS Friday night and waiting for a new one so (fingers crossed) this problem is now solved. Thanks to everyone for the help!