my Acer Chromebook 720 crashes all the time while I'm typing.

pb4316
pb4316 Member Posts: 6 New User

I, too, get crash messages. It says:

Yikes!
Your document encountered an error during formatting. Click Reload to restore to the last saved state.

I wasn't formatting, just typing, so i send the report. I'm brand new at chrome and, so far, am having a lot of trouble with it. I'm a writer and all I want to do is make documents and save them until I can begin to understand the crome hierarchy. I've been a windows user, a OSX user and a Linux user so I'm not an ***** but this thing is defeating me.

thanx

Best Answer

• pb4316
    Answer ✓

I'm using Word on my Macbook. I convert the .docx to .doc (I have no idea why, I'm just used to that).

Meanwhile, I sent my refurbished Chromebook back a refund and ordered a new one so I have access to tech support. I got fed up with crashes. It did occur to me too late that the file format might be a problem.

Meanwhile, I've found a couple of potential tutors on craigslist whom I will contac when my new Chrome arrives. I do well with tutoring--I am a chimpanzee, when it comes to tech stuff. I'm a photographer and writer, not a linear type.

thanks so much for your help

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

What application or program are you using to compose your document? The problem does not sound like it is related to the notebook but the application you are using to compose the document you are typing.

• pb4316
    Answer ✓

I'm using Word on my Macbook. I convert the .docx to .doc (I have no idea why, I'm just used to that).

Meanwhile, I sent my refurbished Chromebook back a refund and ordered a new one so I have access to tech support. I got fed up with crashes. It did occur to me too late that the file format might be a problem.

Meanwhile, I've found a couple of potential tutors on craigslist whom I will contac when my new Chrome arrives. I do well with tutoring--I am a chimpanzee, when it comes to tech stuff. I'm a photographer and writer, not a linear type.

thanks so much for your help

This discussion has been closed.