hi fellows how to install window 8 on acer C710 chromebook

ITEACHER
ITEACHER Member Posts: 1 New User

hello fellows i would like to know how i can install window os, 7 or 8, 8.1 on my acer C710 chromebook. i will appreciate for any help from you.

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    As of this moment in time, the only other operating system that can be installed onto the Acer C710 is ChrUbuntu, a modified version of Ubuntu. This makes the Chromebook actually usable, and does not rely on the cloud for any services.

The real problem is that Google has pretty much locked the firmware for these devices. While your Acer is capable hardware wise to run Windows. The boot system is not. Many others have been attempting to unlock the hardware of this great little machine. This would require a BIOS flash, which is not going to be possible at this point in time on this Chromebook.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    As of this moment in time, the only other operating system that can be installed onto the Acer C710 is ChrUbuntu, a modified version of Ubuntu. This makes the Chromebook actually usable, and does not rely on the cloud for any services.

The real problem is that Google has pretty much locked the firmware for these devices. While your Acer is capable hardware wise to run Windows. The boot system is not. Many others have been attempting to unlock the hardware of this great little machine. This would require a BIOS flash, which is not going to be possible at this point in time on this Chromebook.