cb3-111 questions

abacoian
abacoian Member Posts: 15 New User

Loving my new chromebook but don't know everything I need to about using it.

How does the hard drive work and hold up? How can I see the space available? If I put in a sd card can I leave it or should I take it out? 

If I add large files to my google drive can I make sure they don't sync to my chrome?

I have more but will start here and thank you for the help.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

How do I view the internal storage space on my Acer Chromebook?

Use the following steps to view the internal storage space available on your Acer Chrome book.

1. Open a new Chrome browser tab.
    2. Type chrome://quota-internals/ in the address bar and press Enter.
    3. The free disk space for the profile will be displayed under the Summary tab.

Settings, Advanced sync settings, change the drop-down from Sync everything to Choose what to sync and then uncheck everything except bookmarks and my Google sync behavior changes to work as I changed.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

Hi..

Your Chromebook is shipped with an web based operating system from Google.

Here's the user guide of your Chromebook   Download User Manual

You may keep the SD card inserted all the time or take it out and store it in a secure location.
    It will not affect the Chromebook if you keep the SD card always inserted.

Sync happens instantaneously and automatically as long as all devices are connected to the internet.  If they are not, files are synced as soon as the device connects to the internet. However, if there is an issue, you can right click on the Drive icon on your desktop and the first choice will display the sync status.  
    You have the option to Turn off sync for Google Docs.

Click the Kudos  to say “Thanks” for helping!

• abacoian
    abacoian Member Posts: 15 New User

Thanks guys. The storage says there's only 9 gigs available. My chromebook supposedly has 16 gigs. I'm still not grasping using google drive yet, everything I upload to mydrive will sync to my chromebook? Can I turn off large files from syncing to my chromebook? Sync means the files are downloaded to my chromebook? Or only viewable and then downloaded if I choose? 

I read the user guide, not too detailed. And I read drive help pages and some of the things it says to do aren't available on my drive.

I want to add photos to my drive but don't want to sync them to my chromebook unless I download them as needed. I want to Add a  folder to mydrive and just sync that folder or make it available offline so if I add files or documents to that folder on my chromebook they will update to my online drive.

Please help me do this.

Thank you,

Ian