c710 power cord only

burntfrank
burntfrank Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello:  I'm having battery issues like many others...will not charge properly...blinking lights.

Should I be able to use my c710 without the battery installed?  Meaning...will it work with just the power supply plugged into an outlet?

Reason I'm asking is b/c I'm getting inconsistent results.  Sometimes I can get it work...usually by having the battery installed first, then removing it.  Other times, I can't get it to work at all.  I've already eaten $30 for buying wrong voltage battery, and I don't want to sink any more money into this thing unless I know for sure it's the battery or power supply.

Thanks!

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

burntfrank,

I am sorry to hear that you are having inconsistent results with your C710 and with your battery. It can be used with it plugged up to the AC power adapter. If I may suggest, contact technical support in you are still in warranty and we can assist you with your product if it is a hardware issue.

We are also able to sell or replace the battery if you are still in warranty.

• burntfrank
    burntfrank Member Posts: 2 New User

So just to confirm, I should be able to remove the battery completely and use just AC power supply?  If so, and this isn't working, then is it safe to say that the problem is the power supply and not the battery?

Thanks!

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Correct.

This discussion has been closed.