admin privileges

nuance
nuance Member Posts: 1 New User

How do I establish admin privileges on my newly purchase c720 chromebook?  I bought it as a demo unit from WM and it runs a homepage demo of google.com/chrome/devices and I cannot change it because in settings, it is identified as protected my admin privileges....?  Thanks in advance if anyone can help me before I return it.

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi Nuance,

There are a couple possibilities here. Hopefully the simpliest is that you just need to Powerwash the device which is pretty simple. Here are the steps to accomplish this:

1. Power the system off
    2. Hold Esc+Refresh (top row looks like a circle completing) and power the sytem on.
    3. You'll be at a white screen with a big yellow exclamation sign, hit ctrl+d.
    4. Hit Enter, give it a moment
    5. Hit Space
    6. Hit Enter

The system will take about 2 mintues to reboot and you should be able to enter your account. On Chromebooks, the first account entered is the "Admin" account and all other accounts may have limited access. There are more complicated admin processes for units that are attached to an organizations fleet, but hopefully this isn't the case.

Let me know how this works and if we need to look further.

Thanks,
    Cory