acer chromebooks

ozzycan
ozzycan Member Posts: 3 New User

I'm looking for general information from users of chromeboohs, as I'm fed up with Microsoft.

are you satisfied?

availability of aps?

problems connecting with printers?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks;

Dan

Best Answer

• ozzycan
    Answer ✓

Welllll,,,, I bit the bullet and bought an Acer CB5-571.

I ordered it from Acer on line and got it in 3 days,,, WOW.

So far so good,,, it is blazingly fast and once I set up my old laptop to connect my printer, it seems to do everything I want.

I'm not too pleased about the card games programs, but there seems to be new ones each day, and I'll just keep looking.

It's hard to believe that it will start up from a cold boot to website connections in 7 seconds,,, but it does!!!!

Guess I'll have to buy a "cloud" ready printer, but for now,,, I'm pretty happy.

Dan

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    I've been using this C720P for several months now and pretty much only switch back to my Windows tablet for Windows stuff and printing. Printing from a Chromebook requires you either have a Google Print compatible printer connected to the internet or you have the printer directly connected to a PC or Mac and shared with Google. A bit of a pain, but workable if you know about it ahead of time. If your primary computer use is browsing you'll be very happy. If your primary use is high powered gaming you'll be unhappy. If you are a dweeb like me and do some programming you'll probably be unhappy...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ozzycan
    Answer ✓

Welllll,,,, I bit the bullet and bought an Acer CB5-571.

I ordered it from Acer on line and got it in 3 days,,, WOW.

So far so good,,, it is blazingly fast and once I set up my old laptop to connect my printer, it seems to do everything I want.

I'm not too pleased about the card games programs, but there seems to be new ones each day, and I'll just keep looking.

It's hard to believe that it will start up from a cold boot to website connections in 7 seconds,,, but it does!!!!

Guess I'll have to buy a "cloud" ready printer, but for now,,, I'm pretty happy.

Dan

• mgconnolly15
    mgconnolly15 Member Posts: 1 New User

hi can someone tell me the difference and if one is more suited for a 9yr old boy fro internet and games the 2 in 1 or the convertible?? i am not sure what that means.

Thanks,

Mike C