When I am in maps, I cannot two finger scroll, I have to drag and drop.

bailey362
bailey362 Member Posts: 2 New User

I am bailey362, I have a chromebook c720.  It will scroll normally in a typical website.  When I am in maps, I need to drag and drop to move around in maps.  It worked fine when new.  I am 78 years old, I bought the chromebook because it is simpler to use.  Now I use it very little.  Would you please help me resolve the problem and could you please keep it simple. 

[edited for privacy]

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

bailey362,

I tested what you said on our Chromebook and it seems to function the same as you discribed. When I do two-finger scrolling in Google Maps it zooms in and out but it does not scroll for me.

The touchpad settings can be found by clicking in the bottom right corner, then click on Settings. Next, tap on Touchpad settings and you will see what options you have. These are the only settings that can be altered to make changes to how your touchpad works.

The only other option would be to perform a Power Wash. This will set your device back to factory default settings. If Maps is still not working as you first experience, this could be a result of an update to the software.

• bailey362
    bailey362 Member Posts: 2 New User

I did a power wash, to no avail.  I was told by ACER that I probably would have to install a new OS.  There was no guarantee that this would solve the problem.  I am not knowledgeable to attempt such a change.  I am a 78 year old  former jet aircraft mechanic retired from the USAF.  I guess I am stuck with what I have.  I will probably donate the chromebook to someone in my church that needs it more than I do.  Thanks for your help.