RAM upgrade on CB3 Chromebook.

petezny
petezny Member Posts: 1 New User

The ram on the CB3 Chromebook is supposedly removeable and upgradaeable. Has anyone upgraded the ram on the CB3 Chromebook yet? Does anyone know the ram spec? 

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hi...

This Chromebook is shipped with 2 GB / 4 GB onboard DDR3L-RS system memory and there are no slots to add additional memory modules.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hi...

This Chromebook is shipped with 2 GB / 4 GB onboard DDR3L-RS system memory and there are no slots to add additional memory modules.
  • bingerson51
    bingerson51 Member Posts: 3 New User

My question - Can the RAM memory be upgraded on CB3-111-C8UB chromebook.

I called support and this is the answer I got:

AlfinPaul P: Memory Chip KINGSTON DDR3L

1600 4Gb D2516EC4BXGGB 

LF+HF 256*16

AlfinPaul P: And the part number is KN.00407.002 <- That is a battery number So I will call back again to check

AlfinPaul P: Vendor is KINGSTON-FAR EAST

4GB is the maximum RAM memory this computer can handle. 

• bingerson51

After further research I found out that the memory is indeed soldered to the systemboard aka: motherboard and cannot be changedMan Sad 

Not sure about the solid state drive does anyone know for sure if it can be upgraded?

Also is there a motherboard version with 4GB ? Just wondering what options one would have.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Nope, the SSD is soldered on the motherboard, just like the memory. I believe the only component that is on a connector is the WLAN module that provides WiFi and Bluetooth. Drivers in the OS build are specific to the type and model of that module though so you wouldn't be able to swap it out for a (for instance) 802.11ac module.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bingerson51
    Thank you for the quick response. That is what I needed to know. I got a free Google Drive but, I have a previous one on my first Chromebook how do I make it work on this one?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

It should work with just your signin credentials.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.