Lost free space on C710-2856

davneub
davneub Member Posts: 2 New User

I just purchased a used C710-2856 from craigslist.  I really like this little machine.  The SSD makes for a VERY quick startup.  My problem is that I don't see much of the 16gb storage.  I know the OS is going to take up some of it but I would think I would still see 10-12 gb free.  It currently shows 504 mb free.  I powerwashed it after purchase.  I am new to chromebooks so I don't know where things would be hiding to take up the storage space.  My downloads folder is empty as is my offline drive folder.  I have a couple web apps installed(most are just links) but all of them seem to be pretty small in comparison to how much space I have left.  Any thoughts on what is taking up all the space?

Screenshot 2015-01-22 at 10.01.59 AM.png

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

I'm on a 720P with 32GB storage. I have about 250MB in the downloads folder and 22.5GB free. I have installed a dozen or so apps. I'd look at how many apps are installed, working off 6GB free, on a 16GB machine, or so with none installed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • davneub
    davneub Member Posts: 2 New User

I checked my apps. I have 2 or 3 that are around 10mb, but nothing that would take up several gb of space. Is there another way to wipe the computer besides powerwash, b/c apparently that isn't cleaning everything.