Is there a way to make the touchpad less sensitive?

tgmonson
tgmonson Member Posts: 3 New User

I like to use tap-to-click on my touchpad, is there any way to make it less sensitive?

I am using a Acer Chromebook 11, CB3-111.

Best Answer

• tgmonson
    Answer ✓

I had been moving the touchpad speed to slower. It seems to work better on faster.

Thank you for your help!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

Enter your Google Account on the main sign-in screen and then Click the wrench icon image on the browser toolbar.

Click Settings and select the System tab.
    In the Touchpad section, select the Enable tap-to-click check box. Here you can also move the slider to set the desired cursor sensitivity.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• tgmonson

When I sign in my chromebook opens in Chrome. I do not see a wrench icon, but there is the three bars in upper right corner. 

When I go there and click settings I don't find system, but I can find devices. The touchpad setting there does not seem to change the sensitive of the touchpad tap.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

Click at the right bottom corner > click on settings  > under "device" > you will option to adjust touchpad speed.

You will also find "touchpad settings" button. It would have a check mark next to "Enable tap to click"

• tgmonson
    Answer ✓

I had been moving the touchpad speed to slower. It seems to work better on faster.

Thank you for your help!