I have a Brother Printer, MFC-J835DW, and I want to know how to print from my Chromebook.

vfrankli
vfrankli Member Posts: 2 New User

How do I pair my Acer Chromebook with my Brother Printer?  It is not an old printer, but it is not cloud ready.

Answers

• Hi,
    Using Non-Cloud printer with Chromebook, is not possible without another computer which has Windows or Mac.
    Check here for details: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10397/kw/chromebook%20cloud%20print
  • AdMan
    AdMan Member Posts: 3 New User

VFrankli

I have the same Brother Printer and we solved this two ways:

1) Least desireable but unfortunately necessary and already suggested to run it thru a windows box (I call this "Sponsoring').

2) Send it to your Android phone, SMS, MMS, Google Drive, Gmail DropBox, whatever is your favorite way and use the free Brother iPrint and Scan app from the Google Play Store to print it directly from your phone to the printer (I think you have to be on the same Wi-Fi Network, in our house it is). Update - My new Motorola Droid Turbo has an NFC to Printer option and a bunch of built in Print Services (none of which I have tried to use yet with the MFC-J835, by the way, just a thought when you go to by a new printer).

Good Luck,

AdMan

• vfrankli
    vfrankli Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank all of you for the suggestions.  I figured out it is easier to send the item to be printed to the printer via email.  I thought it would be as seamless as using a laptop or a desktop.  It appears this Chromebook is a different animal.  BTW, I was able to print something using the Chromebook, but I didn't keep notes and now I have no idea how I did it.