Current and future availability of CB5 Chromebook 13 (with Tegra K1) in shops in Barcelona? Specs?

jordiparacels
jordiparacels Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello.

I've looked at the web sites of different countries and some list the chromebook 13 and some don't.

They list different specifications in different countries. The Spanish site lists the chromebook 13 but not

any models or specifications. Is this laptop available in physiscal shops in Barcelona or will it be ?

If yes, could you hint at which shops and when (and price would be nice too)?

May we know the specifications of the models available there ? at least for each model:

RAM

battery

screen resolution

keyboard layout

wifi chipset

embedded controller if any

Thank you very much.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,692 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

I've asked Acer people to have the list of available models updated on the Spainish site, hopefully they will get that done soon. It looks like the CB5 is available, but there is no way yet to find out which SKUs. You could call around to various shops that might have it, to see if any do. I am afraid you'll have to do either that or drive to each of them even when the Acer site is updated though. When the acer site is updated you'll be able to see what is available, but nor where they are available. Smiley Sad

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey

The Acer Spain site seems to say it is available, but since I don't speak Spanish I can't be sure. Smiley Sad They don't have the 13" model shown when you click on the show all models link though. Hopefully they will get the website updated soon.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jordiparacels

I've never been to CA or TX, but I believe UK and Catalonia are more different.

In both cases there are laws that are the same and laws that aren't, taxes that

stay in one place and taxes that are spent in the other (if taxes are paid at all), and businesses that

operate in both places and ship from one to the other and businesses that don't.

But does CA use a different currency from TX ?

Is a bank transfer more difficult between CA and TX than inside CA or inside TX ?

Is legalese written in different languages in CA and TX ?

Do internet merchants charge different freight costs ?

In case I wasn't clear enough I was asking about retail physical shops in Barcelona, not web shops.

For me it is more convenient to enter a shop, pay cash and walk away with a computer and a ticket/invoice than

buying online, having to trust several interent providers, couriers, payment intermediaries and courts

and giving away personal information to different companies in different jurisdictions.

If the shop is somewhere near a place I go often enough, it's still more convenient to go one day, order

a model and go once more to buy it when they get it than buy online, check terms and conditions,

payment, shipping costs, being available when the courier calls, go fetching the parcel to the courier

offictherwise, etc.

I know other Acer computers are regularly sold in Barcelona, and knew CB5 has several models

with different specs, so I tought I could ask which of those could be bough, to save the trouble from buying online.

But thank you very much for taking the trouble to look up the web shops for me. I might even use them, if easier options

are not available and I keep my interest long enough.

• jordiparacels

Thank you.

I had looked at that page, and it does not list which models are sold in Spain. Different models have different specs

and I believe not all are sold everywhere. Since I last looked I think it has been modified but only to add an icon for touchscreen (I think new models have a multitouch touchscreen and IPS panel and earlier models didn't).

You don't lose much from that page by not understanding Spanish . I get the impression CB5 is not sold in Spain.

Or at least is not easy enough to buy.

Pages for other countries list some of the models. And some countries list none, but they don't even have the page

for it. So it's a bit of a mistery to me.

Thanks for your help.

• billsey
    Answer ✓

I've asked Acer people to have the list of available models updated on the Spainish site, hopefully they will get that done soon. It looks like the CB5 is available, but there is no way yet to find out which SKUs. You could call around to various shops that might have it, to see if any do. I am afraid you'll have to do either that or drive to each of them even when the Acer site is updated though. When the acer site is updated you'll be able to see what is available, but nor where they are available. Smiley Sad

• jordiparacels

I asked in some shops (both listed and not listed in the acer.es website) and they all said they don't have chromebooks, except an acer branded shop where they had the C720 only and didn't know any detail on future availability.  It was some weeks ago, so I may ask again if I go near. But I'm only interested in the higher models, so if I knew those are not sold in Barcelona, that would save me a visit. If I knew it is sold, then I might try every shop listed in acer.es one by one (visit or call or something).

With the current available information it is not worth the effort to me.

You're very kind to have asked for the website update. I think it's all that can be done. I didn't know who to ask.