Chromebook 13 base does not sit flat on the table

flomar
flomar Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi all,

I recently purchased an Acer Chromebook 13 (CB5-311-T6R7), that's the Full-HD version with 4GB of memory. It is supposed to be a present for my girlfriend. I had trouble choosing between this and the Toshiba CB 2. When I finally decided to go for the Acer I wanted to try it out a few minutes to see if I made the right choice. I think I did, apart from one problem.

When the CB sits on any flat surface, it does not touch the table with all four rubber feet. One is always about 2-3mm in the air. This results in the Touchpad even bending even more than normally when its pressed. In a silent environment it is also hearable when the fourth feet hits the table and bounces off again. 

Am I exaggerating? Is this to be expected from a 300€/$ device? Should I bother sending it back to amazon and to get a replacement? How is your experience with Acer CBs?

I checked the other laptops of the house, none of the Macs have this and a cheaper Asus 15inch doesn't have it either. But my 7y old beloved Thinkpad X200 has it and I really didn't realize it or maybe I once knew but forgot. 

I'm grateful for your input and experience!

Best regards,

Florian

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i would ask for a replacement to Amazon.

the base must be flat, stop.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • flomar
    flomar Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the input. I followed your advice and sent it back. The replacement should come in soon. I'll report back here and will hopefully be able to tell you that all is fine!