C910 HDMI output fail

petuniaPlatypus
petuniaPlatypus Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a brand new C910 Chromebook 15. It works fine except for the HDMI will NOT OUTPUT ANY VIDEO. It will not detect a display device. I have tried with two TVs, and three HDMI monitors (all are 1920x1080). NOTHING. I have also tried three cables. NOTHING. I have tried rebooting as well. I have even Verified that ALL the cables I use and ALL the monitors and TVs that I have work just fine -WITH my HP-Chromebook. HHHHELP! I will have no choice but to return this defective but otherwise PERFECT Acer Chromebook15.

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi petuniaPlatypus,

It sounds like you've done everything to eliminate the outside variables. One thing I might suggest, just to make sure there isn't anything we haven't considered is use guest mode. It would prevent any account settings/apps from interferring. I don't expect it to have a high percentage of success, but it should only take a moment to try.

One of the nicest parts about the Chromebooks is that the OS is as identical as you can get from from device to device. I'm not aware of anything special with the C910 and HDMI. I guess I'd be really surprised if it's just the HDMI port not working, but I guess it it possible.

I took a quick screenshot of my CB5 with HDMI setup on a TV as a point of reference: imgur.com/SfwIMCY

Cory

• petuniaPlatypus
    petuniaPlatypus Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried "guest mode" and still have the same failed result. Also, twice, I reset the Chromebook with the wipe-clean option from Setings. Immediately it re-downloaded patches and updates, which I could not stop (in case these were breaking this functionality). And, it continued to never detect the connection to any external monitor. ~ I now have obtained an RMA and it is in the process of being returned. Thanks. ~ ~ ~ ~ NEVERTHELESS, I DO INTEND TO PURCHASE ANOTHER ACER CHROMEBOOK. I WILL BUY ANOTHER ONE, WHEN IT EVENTUALLY BECOMES AVAILABLE AGAIN!

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Sorry petuniaPlatypus,

I asked our contact center and they said they weren't seeing this complaint, so hopefully it was just a single failure. We'll keep an eye on it and we hope to see you back soon with better news.

Cory