C720P-2457 NX.MKEAA.005 Maximum Memory 8GB ?

pitcher
pitcher Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello Acer,

When viewing the Full Data Sheet here,

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.MKEAA.005

the specifications for the C720P-2457 NX.MKEAA.005 Chromebook shows Standard Memory 4GB and Maximum Memory 8GB.

How do I get this model with 8GB of memory?

Thank you,

Don

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

IIRC you have to open it up to upgrade the memory, and it's not for the faint of heart... I don't believe they ship a model fully populated with 8 GB.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • pitcher

Before I buy one, I want to know from Acer if this Chomebook can have the memory upgraded to 8GB or if the Chromebook can be purchaced with 8GB.

I would hate to buy this Chromebook because I want the ability to upgrade but later find I am stuck with 4GB of memory.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

And I just looked it up... One socket, maximum of 4GB of memory, DDR3L-RS 1600. It comes populated with either a 2GB or 4GB stick. You can't upgrade to 8GB.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • pitcher

Thank you. Since Acer is claiming a maximum of 8GB of memory, I am looking for Acer to make the clairification.

Acer,

Would you be able to clear this up?

Thank you,

Don