Topic

Visitor
ultrasnd

C720 chromebook won't charge

A C720 chromebook only a few months old and it won't charge.  It had charged many many times prior to leaving on travel and after being on travel, but yesterday, it suddenly would not charge and the battery gradually depleted to 0% with the final few hours of use.  I am currently in Bangkok, thailand and desparately need this computer in my travels.  I suspect but have no proof that the power adapter 19VDC has no output but again not sure.  I would like to know if anyone else has had such a new computer has failed so soon with these symptoms and what they found.  Also what is the input from Acer.

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: C720 chromebook won't charge

If you not able to charge the system, it could be an issue in either the ac adapter, battery, or the mainboard/power jack.

At any rate, I'd not be able to diagnose such on the Community.

My best recommendation would be to contact your regional Acer service center for assistance.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Established Member
jescott418

Read some other posts on how Acer has already dropped the C720 2800 model and won't be re supplying. Something might be up with the quality of these Chromebooks? Just a guess right now, but I suspect some problems brewing. 

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Random conjecture does not help the original poster with their issue.

All computer products, regardless of manufacturer, have a finite lifetime and window when they are sold. 

Acer is continually making new products and attempting to innovate on those ideas that our customers wish to see.

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Visitor
democto

Acer-Tommy it is nice of you to tow the company line.  We have spent a small fortune to outfit our children with the Acer Chromebook c720 model.  Much to our disappointment we have had two of these machines go out (won't hold a charge) from normal use and they are less than two months old.

So instead of stroking yourself and your company have some sympathy for the customers that are now inconvenienced because they are either stuck with a product you gave massive discounts to get rid of or they have to send the product in to have it fixed.  Either way if you can't provide useful information to get our product fixed I don't want to read anything you have to write.

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

I'm sorry that you're having issues.

Sounds like you need to contact your local Acer service center for assistance.

Visitor
hetchie

I know I'm about a month late, but I came here with the same problem looking for answers, and the way this Acer employee responded to you guys may have just set me off of the company for good. Solid response on your part, though!

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: