C710 will not connect to wifi. Unit will connect to internet using ethernet.

digitaldav
digitaldav Member Posts: 3 New User

Ethernet internet works fine. Will only continually search for wifi. I have replaced the AR5B22 Mini PCI-E card. Any other sugestions on how to fix connection to wifi?

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

digitaldav,

I am sorry to see that you are having problems with your Wifi. I may not be able to provide a solution but I can explain how hardware components work on the Chromebook. Each part is given a hardware ID so it can work with the Chrome OS. Without the hardware ID the replaced pci-e card is not able to receive updates or get installed properly. They only way to get a hardware ID assigned is through our repair facility or an ASP as they are equipped with the ability to do this.

If you are in warranty, please contact our technical support in your region so we can assist you. If you are not in warranty, please let me know when your warranty expired so I can see what other options we may have.

• digitaldav

Thanks Ryan, I was in contact with google and I completely reloaded the operating system. So we determine the problem must be hardware.
    The unit is out of warranty. SNID [edited for privacy]. Mfg.date 2012/10/18.
    thanks for your help. David

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

David,

I would like to see if I can get you some help. Thank you again for providing me with your SNID and MFG date. If you can private message me your personal contact information, then I can see about getting someone in contact with you.

• digitaldav
    Ha Ryan, Did u get my p.m.?
    Dave