Acer chromebook display won't mirrow after connecting HDMI to TV, hot key ctrl + display useless

2»

Answers

• paalomino
    paalomino Member Posts: 4 New User
     Thanks so much for this suggestion.  No.  I didn't . I will look for that now, push it, and see if this corrects the problem. 
  • paalomino
    I'm not able to locate an HDMI button.  I have a Westinghouse DWM40F1Y1 Series LED/LCD TV that I use for a display.  I noticed that the menu under the ACER Chromebook Settings related to the Device Display options is different than it was originally.  I'm not sure why this changed.  At any rate, I'll continue researching the methods for correcting this issue and will appreciate any other suggestions.  Thanks.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    The HDMI button should be on the TV's remote.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• paalomino
    Just a quick follow-up to say that my TV doesn't have an HDMI button.  But what I did do is unplug the HDMI cable again and then after plugging it in again, the external display did appear under my Display settings!  So, I'm all set now. 
  • JackE
    Congrats on you success. Probably loose or dirty cable connections. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ineedofhelp1
    Ineedofhelp1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I need help with my chromebook. So I been trying to watch Google play movies on my TV with my chromebook. Now it displays everything on my computer on the TV (like home screen and different windows.) But when I start a video the video area on the TV screen goes black. Sound from the movie can be heard and anything on the screen can be seen..just not videos. Please help
  • JackE
    Ineedofhelp1Did you try to unplug and replug the HDMI cable while the video is playing? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• VictorinDigby
    VictorinDigby Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had similar issue some are describing here.  My Accer Chromebook would not properly display to tv from the HDMI port.  It would display the opening screensaver of my chromebook onto my tv but not anything else.  I resolved this by going into my Google Chrome Settings (the 3 dots on the top right of screen)  From the menu I selected "Settings" then scrolled down to "Devices" and selected "Displays".  In the Display pop up window there is a checkmark box for "Mirror Internal Display".  I checked this box and now chromebook properly mirrors to tv.
  • JackE
    Thanks for the tip. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Magnussthemad
    Magnussthemad Member Posts: 1 New User
    I think I figured it out.  Go to settings, click on system ( display is a sub category).  Click on display, at th bottom there is a pull down menu  under multiple displays  and change is to duplicate these displays. Make sure to apply the changes. Took awhile to find but I think this is it.
  • Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 1 New User
    I know this is an old discussion but I was having the same problem and came across this thread.  In case it helps someone else, I found that once I turned off Bluetooth and returned to the Display Settings, the Mirror option was now viewable and I could select it.  Immediately appeared on my TV via HDMI cable.
  • JackE
    Aquamarine   >>>I found that once I turned off Bluetooth and returned to the Display Settings, the Mirror option was now viewable and I could select it.>>>

Thanks for that tip too.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cyberpenguin
    Cyberpenguin Member Posts: 1 New User
    I hate to say it, but I'm also having the same problem. I would connect my chromebook to my monitor and it would display nothing. My monitor would just do what it would do with my computer if it was in sleep mode. The mirror option would never show up in my display settings and it didn't show that there was even anything plugged in. My chromebook was made on 5/23/15 if it's needed.
  • JackE
    So did you try to turn off bluetooth to see if the mirror option shows up like @Aquamarine just described? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ