Acer Chrombook C710 has white screen

Vecchia
Vecchia Member Posts: 6 New User

My Acer C710 booted up and said that there was no Wi-Fi, I decided to shut it down and then start it up again.  When I signed off and then hit shut down the screen went completely white and it will not turn off.  I have held the on-off key in, tried, CTRL ALT DEL and nothing has happened.  Anyone have any idea what I should do now?

Best Answer

• Vecchia
    Answer ✓

Had to do a little more searching on Google to figure out that F3 was the refresh key and so got into the OS screen.  It seemed to work.  I did loose all my files but it found the network and let me put in the information to get back on line.  Hopefully, this will be okay for now.  Thank you for your quick reply to get me going.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i would try to reset it:

hit [refresh + power] this will boot you into the "OS verifcation off" screen. From there you should be able to hit [ctrl + d] to boot into ChromeOS.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Vecchia

Thank you for your reply.  You say to do refresh + the off key but what do I hold down for the refresh key?  I had left the Chromebook sitting out and today I was able to press the on/off button and then log in.  However, when I signed off and then pressed shut down I was back to the white screen and after a few seconds of holding down the on/off key it shut off.

The 2nd problem is that it says that wifi is disabled and I have tried to change it to enable by holding the Fn key and the wireless key and nothing happens.  It says no network and takes me to settings where it wants me to add a network.  I will contact my cable company and check to see how to set this up.

• Vecchia
    Answer ✓

Had to do a little more searching on Google to figure out that F3 was the refresh key and so got into the OS screen.  It seemed to work.  I did loose all my files but it found the network and let me put in the information to get back on line.  Hopefully, this will be okay for now.  Thank you for your quick reply to get me going.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you need to press the refresh key + power, then leave the power and keep pressing the refresh key.

if you still have the blank screen issue, i would try also a chrome re-install:

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27646/kw/chrome%20C710#_ga=1.249231303.1159904989.1422643086

I'm not an Acer employee.