Acer C710 Chrome

JC1
JC1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, my name is JC I just received 2 Acer C710 Chrome refurb from the Walmart Store. I cannot  use the upper charactors of the numbers such as the @ key for email address and also some keys type different letters when pressed. Can anyone help me with this issue. I also connot find the start key.

Answers

• JC1
    JC1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Please anyone, someone must have an answer to my broblem. I like the notebooks. Please reply soon

Desparately waiting for your answers

JC

• eltonw
    eltonw Member Posts: 23 New User

JC1 wrote:

Hi, my name is JC I just received 2 Acer C710 Chrome refurb from the Walmart Store. I cannot  use the upper charactors of the numbers such as the @ key for email address and also some keys type different letters when pressed. Can anyone help me with this issue. I also connot find the start key.

First of all Chromeos does not use a 'Start here' key. When you open your Acer chromebook, look to the bottom right of your screen (where your Gmail image or avatqr is located). Next to that picture there are two letters that indicate the default keyboard language, e.g; "US" , "CA", "UK", etc. To change this click in that same space (it will turn light blue), Select "Settings" whiwh will launch a chrome web page.

(OR you youself can open a new page and for the URL simply type in; "chrome;// settings" _without the quotes_!!!)

Scroll down and click on where it's written in blue letters; +Show advanced settings

Scroll down to Languages Click on language and input settings and select your keyboard.

You can get more assitance with your chromebook here;

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/chromebook-central%20

CAVEAT; this is an *external link and is _not associated with Acer_* but does offer direct assistance to ALL chromebook owners.

Cheers.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

This discussion has been closed.