ACER C720 CHROMEBOOK--No Sound

eddywilsonsammo
eddywilsonsammo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

no sound from pc?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

Look to the lower right corner of your screen. There you will see a series of icons. Click on your account picture at the very right. A window will appear showing you information about your chromebook. Make sure that the audio is at a high volume. If it’s muted, unmute it. And make sure that the output is set to the proper destination; headphones if you want to listen through headphones, speakers if you want to listen through speakers

This step will completely wipe your chromebook so you need to backup all of your data first. Again: this will erase EVERYTHING and bring your chromebook back to the state it was when you bought it.
    Click on your account picture in the lower-right corner of your screen.
    Click on Settings. A window will appear. Click on Show Advanced Settings at the bottom.
    Find the “Powerwash” label and click Reset.

In the window that opens click RestartOnce the chromebook restarts you will be presented with the setup window. Go through the setup and enter your google account information. Try to play a sound now, if it works then success!

• jmanagih
    jmanagih Member Posts: 1 New User

i've reset my settings which fixes the sound, but it keeps shutting off and there is nothing i'm changing. in fact i know my settings haven't been changed. I don't understand why this is happening, it only began in the last week. which is about the  same time the chromebook/acer began to also has begun to tell me it cannot play certain videos on some websites as i don't have javascript or flash installed and/or it's not up to date. despite going to chrome://components and checking for udates i'm never given an option to update. why isn't this machine working anymore?Screenshot 2017-10-11 at 11.06.02 PM.png