Cloudbook HD -- Is it a true SSD or one of those eMMC drives?

writerguy
writerguy Member Posts: 7 New User

I'm looking at getting one of the Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 machines. But I'm wanting to find detailed information about the drive that provides the 64 gig internal storage.

I currently have an HP Stream 13.3 and the "flash" drive in it is not a true SSD drive. It's a cheap-end eMMC drive, which among other things makes it extremely hard to find disk imaging/backup software that will even see it, let along back it up.

Is the Aspire One Cloudbook 14's internal drive such a thing as thateMMC? Anyone here know? Had backup/imaging experience with it?

Thanks so much!

Gary Speer

Best Answer

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

The Aspire One Cloudbook 14" is equipped with an eMMC 32 or 64Gb. See this press page.

France
  • writerguy

Thank you for directing me to that press page. Answered my question. Smiley Very Happy

Gary

• writerguy

Forgive me if I'm putting this in the wrong forum location. I'm having trouble finding much on the forums re the cloudbooks.

How can I create a backup/recovery/disk image on a USB drive for the 64 gig cloudbook? Windows 10 is very hard to find a way to do so.

Thanks.

Gary

• laurent_14

Hello Gary,

May be that will help you:

France
  • writerguy

Yes, thank you for the link to that particular video -- and for the sequence of short videos that follow. All very helpful to someone like me who's just learning Windows 10. (Indeed, I never really got much of a handle on Windows 8.1, having gone almost straight from Windows 7 to Windows 10).

Very helpful indeed!

Gary

• laurent_14

You're welcome

France