Let's Get Social!
Ask our members for help or assist others.You are all welcome at Acer Community!
what motherboard is in the Acer Aspire ATC-780-ur11 and what SSD can I install in it?
- last edited
It's a custom Acer motherboard (probably manufactured by MSI) and it has Intel H110 chipset.
According to the specs below, you can install an M.2 SSD with a SATA interface......examples below.
M.2 screw (the Samsung M.2 SSD doesn't come with screws)
I don't work for Acer and I don't have a TC-780...and the official spec page is broken so I can't access it.
Bonus: Here's how to add an M.2 SSD and use as a boot drive (with the OS).
1. Create a USB factory recovery drive
2. Turn off computer and install M.2 SSD. Disconnect the existing HDD SATA power cable.
3. Insert USB factory recovery drive in the USB port.
4. Turn on computer and select Troubleshoot>Advanced>Reset
5. After you confirm your new M.2 SSD is working properly, you can shut the computer down and reconnect the HDD.
It’s official! Acer Support has won the 2017 Oracle Digital Self-Service Excellence Award.
New to Acer Community?
Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.
Acer Answers Knowledge Base
Get Support, Drivers or Manuals from Acer
Find your Model Number (Windows only)