need reinstall windows 7

gillis1
gillis1 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have change the Hard Drive of my Aspire 5736Z and i have the recovery disk and also the one whit the Drivers and application.

My problem is that i cant reinstal windows 7 on my laptop, wen i restart and press F2 i'm ask to enter a password, i dont no what it is, dont have it, and i try other way to instal passing by F10, CTRL-ALT-DEL, ALT-F10 but my screen stay black whit curseur.

So my question is how do i pass our find the password to enter set up our what other way do i have.

This laptop is no longer under waranty and old so dont want to spend money on it to fix it,

If any one no how to do it please tell me how.

gillis1

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

isn't your laptop able to boot from recovery disks automatically without entering BIOS or trying to run recovery (that will not work, since it's gone with your old HDD)?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • gillis1

If i understand what your telling me, it's that since i have change me disk i cant intal windows 7 any more ??

Wy wen i do F2 it is asking me a password, i never anter a password, since my disk is new that mean it's from the bios so it is a password that was instal by acer since windows was already instal wen i but the laptop, theyr most be a way to go in bios and cancel the password ???

• IronFly

no.

you can install windows 7 back but i don't understand why are you trying to enter BIOS?

normally you just need to put the first recovery disk and let you laptop boot, normally it will search the first bootable device (your recovery disk) and start the installation process.

no need to enter BIOS.

about BIOS password, i can't help you, since it's against community rules to give tools or talk about that here.

• gillis1

For the password, i'm ok now but stile having trouble to reinstal on my new disk, i have change the booting sequence to boot whit my dvd and it work and all go well for a wille, after a few minute a get the message that i need to instal the driver first, wen i put the recovery cd that have the driver and application it dont instal, so what i need now is how to proceed to instal the driver on my new disk that is format but no partition yet and it need to be instal from my recovery cd.

Thanks

• IronFly

i think it's better if you do a clean command on HDD and then try to re-install windows.

which drivers is asking?

use installation media and press Shift+F10 at language/keyboard screen options, to enter Command prompt.
    once in command prompt type
    diskpart
    then on diskpart type
    list disk
    take note of the correct disk ID to erase
    type
    select disk x
    (x is the ID of your HDD to erase)
    type
    clean
    type exit

proceed with windows installation

• gillis1

thi is the message i get wen i try to instal windows from my recovy disk 1 ( Restore failes- Error code = 0x3ed , the volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted.

In your last message you give how to make a clean command on HDD , but wen i start my recovery disk 1 and it get to chose the language i cant fine on my keyboard the Shift, ( try many whit the F10 but nothing append.

• IronFly

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shift_key

by the way that error can mean that your recovery disk has some errors or the HDD was formatted in a bad way