On my Aspire ATC-780a-UR11, 2ill my DVD sata connection handle my hdd? Want to boot from SSD

keithsyr
keithsyr Member Posts: 12 New User

On my Aspire ATC-780a-UR11, I want to want to make SSD my boot disk. Will my DVD sata connection handle my 1 TB hdd?  Is the DVD SATA a SATA 2 or 3? Are there any voltage differences between the power cable for the DVD and what is needed for the 1 TB HDD? Is the SD catd reader able to handle SDXC? Thanks for taking the time to answer all of this, previous replies have been so helpful. I would not bother you all if I could find a detailed listing of specs.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

you can use the SATA and power cable from the DVD to the HDD or SSD, it's the same; DVD speed reach SATA 1 only.

card reader can read SDXC, at least up to 64GB

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

you can use the SATA and power cable from the DVD to the HDD or SSD, it's the same; DVD speed reach SATA 1 only.

card reader can read SDXC, at least up to 64GB

• keithsyr

Thanks, Ironfly! I will proceed with confidence when my Samsung SSD is delivered.

Do you think that a Lexar 64 GB SDXC is at fault when the computer only reads about 4 GB of this 64GB card? Do you know of problems with this brand?

• For information:

This model has 2xSATA (HDD&DVD) and 1xM.2 2280 SATA3.0 sockets.

France
  • IronFly

Download this tool:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

it's the official SD formatter, install and run it with your SDXC in the card reader, click on Options and turn ON the Size adjustment and run it.

• keithsyr

Ironfly,

This download completely fixed the reading of my SDXC! Thanks, again, for your assistance.

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy