New Acer AT3-600 UR33 No Video on PCIE expansion ...

2»

Answers

• chriskv
    chriskv Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Has anyone gotten a video card to work on thisAT3-600 computer?

• mfkc
    mfkc Member Posts: 3 New User

there is nothing wring with the computer. Windows 8 and 8.1 use a UEFI bios (secure) .  Take the computer out of secure mode and you can add a video card.  

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3156/~/when-installing-an-after-market-graphics-card-into-a-certified-windows-8-pc

• chriskv
    I have since turn secure boot back on with no problems.  Some windows update on my acer computer apparently took care of this finally. 
  • chriskv
    chriskv said:
    I have since turn secure boot back on with no problems.  Some windows update on my acer computer apparently took care of this finally. 
    FORGET ABOVE STATEMENT ->> ERROR-ERROR !!!!     WINDOWS UPDATES DO NOT TURN A WIN 7 CARD INTO A WIN 8+ CARD, ONLY CARD MANUFACTURER CAN DO THIS.   AFTER RE-ENABLING SECURE BOOT YOU CAN NO LONGER ACCESS BIOS !!!!!!!   IF YOU DID ENABLE SECURE BOOT AGAIN, AND YOU WANT ACCESS TO BIOS YOU HAVE TO RESET BIOS (WHAT WORKED FOR ME WAS "INSTALL DEFAULT FACTORY KEYS" IN BIOS).  TO ACCESS BIOS YOU HAVE TO TAKE OUT PCIe CARD AND CONNECT TO THE ON-BOARD VIDEO CARD TO MAKE NECESSARY BIOS CHANGES.  
  • ddddde
    ddddde Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2021
    Trying to get a video card into this old piece of  Acer... 

Thanks for your comments everyone, they help even years later :)

After reading through the comments and fiddling around, this is what worked for me.

BIOS settings:
       Authorization > Secure Boot > Disabled
       Boot > Launch CSM > Always

Acer Aspire T3-600 (AT3-600-UR33)
    BIOS 2.15.1227

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
This discussion has been closed.