Increase VRAM on Acer Aspire ATC-705-EB11

TryHardSneepur
TryHardSneepur Member Posts: 3 New User

I've recently started to want to play some fast paced FPS games on my PC but I need more Dedicated Video Ram. The BIOS doesn't seem to have anything. And yes I checked every section. Nothing. I was wondering how I could increase the VRAM on my PC. Specs are:

Windows 8.1 64-bit

AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon HD 670D graphics card.

It also has 8GB of DDR3 Memory/RAM

I don't know if this is relevant but it has a 1TB Hard Drive.

Please provide a link to a video or just instructions on how to increase VRAM if you know how. 

Thanks,

TryHardSneepur

Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

My advice is to get a better graphics card for your TC-105-EB11.

Check out userbenchmark to see what graphics card other people are using with their tc-105.

http://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-TC-105/8031

You'll possibly/probably need to upgrade your power supply and possibly add a cooling fan.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • TryHardSneepur

My price range for graphics cards is limited to 80 bucks. Which graphics cards would you prefer I buy? I do have an external cooling fan and my power supply, well, I have no clue what you mean by Upgrading that.

• TryHardSneepur

Nvm what I said about $80.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

The graphics card in the link below is what I would try.  Since I don't have your computer model, I can't guarantee it will fit, but it should fit.  The graphics card in the link below does not require a 6 pin or 8 pin power cable, so in theory, your existing power supply should be fine.  But I can't guarantee that either.  It's definitely the best bang for the buck (for 1080p gaming).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FL6SYZU/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687762&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B014VHZ4IU&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=MNHAM20CA7QNQ04C31A9

Make sure you optimize your settings with GeForce Experience.  "GeForce Experience" is software that will come with it on a DVD for you to install on your computer.

Important note:  ASUS has two different GTX950 minis.  One requires a 6 pin power connector and one doesn't.  The link that I've posted above is for the one that doesn't require a 6 pin power connector.  It just draws power from the PCIe x16 slot.

I'm not an Acer employee.