Can not Update to Windows 10. Says This mfg. hasn't made your display compatable with Windows 10.

Ghostrider711
Ghostrider711 Member Posts: 4 New User

My Acer Desktop computer AX14206-U5832 was notified that it can not update to Windows 10. The message says: This manufacture hasn't made your display compatable iwth Windows 10. It says it has a NVIBIA GeForce Gi50SE NForce 430. I am guessing I need a new Video card. Right? Can I install a new one? What kind? Wil that fix the probelm or is there more to it???

Answers

• aaster23
    aaster23 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I suggest your GPU is GeForce 6150 SE NForce 430, so based on what i saw in nVidia's site, there is an driver for Windows 8. When i had Win10 on my laptop (The GPU is nVidia GeForce 540M) i used the Win8 drivers and had no problem.
    If you want you can reinstall the machine with Win10 and then from a flash drive/ disk install all the required drivers or just Lan driver.

• Ghostrider711
    Ghostrider711 Member Posts: 4 New User

Thanks for the Info, but I was going to update to Windows 10 from Windwos 7 and it won't let me update because It says that This mafg. has not made your desplay compatable  with Windows 10.  This is a 2010 Acer Desktop.

• Sheri52
    Sheri52 Member Posts: 2 New User

I am having the same trouble! It's disgusting that Acer do not supply any Windows 10 compatible display drivers!