Aspire x3950-after windows 10 upgrade dvd/cd drivers disappeared

bluewillow
bluewillow Member Posts: 2 New User

After windows 10 upgrade dvd/cd drivers disappeared. Microsoft techs worked on it for 4 days couldn't find problem. Can't chat with acer because product isn't under warranty. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately, I do not have a recommendation on how to fix this, other than rolling back to your previous installation of Windows. You could try making sure all Windows updates are installed. If that doesn't fix it, my best suggestion is to roll back. Since this system was not qualified for the Windows 10 upgrade, we do not offer Windows 10 drivers for this product.

Maybe another user will have a suggestion on how to get it to work that you can try.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately, I do not have a recommendation on how to fix this, other than rolling back to your previous installation of Windows. You could try making sure all Windows updates are installed. If that doesn't fix it, my best suggestion is to roll back. Since this system was not qualified for the Windows 10 upgrade, we do not offer Windows 10 drivers for this product.

Maybe another user will have a suggestion on how to get it to work that you can try.

• bluewillow
    bluewillow Member Posts: 2 New User

Ok. Thank you.