Aspire a10 system bios p11-a3 windows 10 disable secure boot

RogerBids
RogerBids Member Posts: 12 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives

I need to permanently disable driver signature enforcement.

The  " cmd bcdedit.exe /set no integritycheck on  " returns "the value is protected by secure boot policy and can not be modified..."

When I try to change the firmware settings there is not boot option to disable the secure boot?

Every time windows 10 updates I have to disable driver signatures to get it to reboot because I am running old software that has no signature. It is doing my head in !!

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

the secure boot settings on your BIOS is under Authentication tab

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

can you please post your complete device model number?

TC-xxx

normally on Acer's BIOS, you need to set a supervisor password to be able to modify some settings.

• RogerBids

Model TC-220

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

the secure boot settings on your BIOS is under Authentication tab

• RogerBids

Success! Thank you for steering me in the right directon. Logical really that secure boot should be under authentification rather than boot options ;-{

• Henway
    Henway Member Posts: 1 New User
    After setting a supervisor password I also did the following to get Linux to Boot:  1) enabled "F12 Boot menu"  in the Main Dropdown 2) Tell the Computer it was trusted under the Security Menu by a) pressing Enter at the "Select an UEFI file as trusted for executing"  b)pressing Enter at the HDD0 and <EFI> windows c) tapping down the list to select <ubuntu>  d) tapping down to select grubx64.efi e) typing grubx64.efi  into the "Add an new file" area and selecting Yes...
    I don't remember what if anything I did next; I think I reset the Boot order. Anyway, it seems to be working for me  Hope this helps.