Aspire X3990 - No HDMI Audio

OmegaSyn
OmegaSyn Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi All,

I have an Aspire X3990 running Windows 10. Previously it worked fine with sound going through the HDMI however recently the machine developed a fault and I had to perform the Windows 10 Refresh. All drivers are shown to be installed however there is no longer any audio coming through HDMI and Audio icon showing as a red cross.

I have tested the cable on another machine and this works fine with audio - the monitor is also fine so can rule both of them out.

The system has 2 sets of Audio Drivers - both say running fine, both have standard Microsoft Drivers installed - running an update says you are running current drivers, uninstall and allow it to detect results in the same.

Drivers website on Acer does not hold any Win10 drivers for X3990, and no Audio Drivers for Win 8.1. I did try the Win 7 Audio drivers but this failed to install.

Both the audio drivers have the following DeviceID's 

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0662&SUBSYS_10258100&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_001C&SUBSYS_174B3214&REV_1001

From what I have seen in the past, most HDMI audio is controlled via an NVidia HDMI Audio Driver - however cant seem to see anything on NVidia site other than the latest GeForce driver (which I downloaded for the installed card Geforce 520)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Best Answer

• OmegaSyn
    Answer ✓

Ok so seems to be sorted now - the HDMI device was shown as being disconnected however I removed all drivers including the NVidia GPU driver and reinstalled the whole NVidia Experiance and Control Panel - this time when I went into Nvidia Control Panel it now had the option enabled for HDMI Audio and let me Enable Audio via HDMI to my TV - tested and working!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

rigth click the speaker icon, choose playback devices

right click on the new window and choose to show disconnected devices and show disabled devices.

any HDMI audio listed?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • OmegaSyn

Yes, I can see the HDMI Audio Output device showing the TV Icon.

• IronFly

ok, check if it's set as Default device, if not set it (with the HDMI cable plugged)

• OmegaSyn
    Answer ✓

Ok so seems to be sorted now - the HDMI device was shown as being disconnected however I removed all drivers including the NVidia GPU driver and reinstalled the whole NVidia Experiance and Control Panel - this time when I went into Nvidia Control Panel it now had the option enabled for HDMI Audio and let me Enable Audio via HDMI to my TV - tested and working!

• IronFly
    Good to hear it.