Aspire T3-715A Windows 10 product key

Maria89
Maria89 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I recently purchased this computer during a sale on newegg. It says it comes with Windows 10, but the problem is that on the activation page it states that it's being used by a differect computer. I don't know it that means it's not new as was stated in the description or if something else is going on. This is the first computer I've purchased in a long time and I just wanted to make sure I looked for an answer before returning it.

Best Answer

• Maria89
    Answer ✓

Hello, I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I was able to get it fixed. After contacting Acer about it they sent me to this link Activate by phone . It didn't work for me, but it may be a good first option so you can tell the other option you tried. The thing that fixed it for me was contacting windows 10, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ . I had to click through some options and questions that they asked about if I'd tried to fix it until I was able to get a person to chat with. After answering some questions she took remote control of it and helped me get Window 10. Apparently Acer is selling computers with bad product keys, don't know why that is though.  

I tried calling Windows 10 and that lead to lots of pressing buttons and getting disconnected once and later getting a promise for a call back that never came.  So online may be the best option for contacting them. Hopefully they're able to help you with this too, good luck! Woman Happy

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

call newegg, you can't do pretty much.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • AlexMilo
    AlexMilo Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm in the same position as you. Bought it last week on sale from newegg and I'm getting the same error when trying to activate it. I'm not planning on returning it but I also don't want to spend more money on a new product key from windows. As far as I can tell no physical product key came with the package.

• Maria89
    Answer ✓

Hello, I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I was able to get it fixed. After contacting Acer about it they sent me to this link Activate by phone . It didn't work for me, but it may be a good first option so you can tell the other option you tried. The thing that fixed it for me was contacting windows 10, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ . I had to click through some options and questions that they asked about if I'd tried to fix it until I was able to get a person to chat with. After answering some questions she took remote control of it and helped me get Window 10. Apparently Acer is selling computers with bad product keys, don't know why that is though.  

I tried calling Windows 10 and that lead to lots of pressing buttons and getting disconnected once and later getting a promise for a call back that never came.  So online may be the best option for contacting them. Hopefully they're able to help you with this too, good luck! Woman Happy