Acer tc-605 replacement mobo not working

latis
latis Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, the motherboard died and I got the same one (MS-7869 ver. 1.0). The fan turns on, and there are no beeps, but nothing else happens. No video or anything. I could return it, but I'd rather just try to get things working. Does anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer

• latis
    Answer ✓

Thought I'd mentioned that I got this sorted out. Tried at it again....some CPU socket pins looked like they were touching (got out the heavy magnifying glass for that). One stick of ram was bad, though the second stick works only in slot number two. But it's up and running.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

Have you checked all connections? Did you try replacing the CMOS battery? This may be trivial but are you using an anti-static wrist band?

• latis

Hi. Yes, new battery. All connections made. No wristband - sorry, it's not the 70s.

• latis

Anyone have any other ideas?

• latis
    Answer ✓

Thought I'd mentioned that I got this sorted out. Tried at it again....some CPU socket pins looked like they were touching (got out the heavy magnifying glass for that). One stick of ram was bad, though the second stick works only in slot number two. But it's up and running.