Acer Aspire V3 LAPTOP shut down in middle of factory wipe, stuck in constant startup loop.

BZ_
BZ_ Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi, I've had an Acer Aspire V3 Laptop for almost 5 years now. It has served me great (few probolems here and there) but over all quite nicely. I recently desided to wipe its memory (windows 10) and it got to 24% cleared after about 49 hours before a thunder storm came into my area and took down a power line therefore leaving us without power and the laptop shut off when it ran out of charge (there was NOT an electrical serge either). I tried to turn it on when GA Power got the lines back up but when I turned it on it got stuck in an endless loop of going to the "acer explore beyond limits" image, to black (light) screen, to screen off and it loops like this non stop. I cant enter BIOS, cant get to trouble shooting, can't detect usb or disks, and even can't get to the windows loading screen. I have some school projects coming up in the next few weeks which I need the laptop working for (and CAD, but thats not a problem as I get the student benifits). If you have any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

(Sorry about putting this under Aspire Desktops, couldnt find the tab for Aspire Laptops.)

Thanks.

Answers

• neeroh
    neeroh Member Posts: 2 New User
    BZ_ said:

Hi, I've had an Acer Aspire V3 Laptop for almost 5 years now. It has served me great (few probolems here and there) but over all quite nicely. I recently desided to wipe its memory (windows 10) and it got to 24% cleared after about 49 hours before a thunder storm came into my area and took down a power line therefore leaving us without power and the laptop shut off when it ran out of charge (there was NOT an electrical serge either). I tried to turn it on when GA Power got the lines back up but when I turned it on it got stuck in an endless loop of going to the "acer explore beyond limits" image, to black (light) screen, to screen off and it loops like this non stop. I cant enter BIOS, cant get to trouble shooting, can't detect usb or disks, and even can't get to the windows loading screen. I have some school projects coming up in the next few weeks which I need the laptop working for (and CAD, but thats not a problem as I get the student benifits). If you have any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

(Sorry about putting this under Aspire Desktops, couldnt find the tab for Aspire Laptops.)

Thanks.

similar problem with acer aspire 5735. windows files do not load as it shuts down and goes in the restart-shut down loop.
  • neeroh
    neeroh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Can any body help please?
  • topcat7736
    topcat7736 Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Maybe unplug the charger, remove the battery and hold down the power switch for 30 seconds. Plug the charger back in and try it out.
  • nonamed
    nonamed Member Posts: 3 New User
    neeroh said:
    Can any body help please?
    Is it possible to enter BIOS?