Acer Aspire TC-705 Cannot register new product. Keep getting "Serial Number is invalid" message.

NancyB
NancyB Member Posts: 1 New User

Trying to register new PC but I keep getting the error message saying "Serial Number is invalid." I have tryed using auto-detect and it provides same number as on my PC.  Any suggestions?  Have tried using lowercase as well as upper case letters. Called customer support but was told to call another number that is only answered M-F.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

We have made changes to our site that should have resolved this issue. Please try to register again. If you are still unable to register, please send me a private message with your serial number so I can investigate further.

• tottart
    tottart Member Posts: 2 New User

I purchased an Acer Aspire E15 laptop on 7/1/2016 and keep getting an error message when trying to register online.  Also, I called Acer support 866-661-7100 and got cut off after several minutes - the customer support rep did not understand what my issue is.  The color display on the internet is "washed out" - the colors are not vibrant, at all.  Please help !!!!     Thank you

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Sorry you are having problems with your system and registerring your product. What error message do you get when you try to register? Can you send me a PM with your serial number, so I can look into this?

• tottart
    tottart Member Posts: 2 New User

How do I send you a private message?