Acer Aspire E500 Audio drivers

Tarkan
Tarkan Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I need Windows 7 32-bit audio drivers for my Acer Aspire E500 (Acer ERC410m motherboard). All I could find on the manufacturers site are drivers for XP 32-bit. It's Realtek HD Audio.  

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

click on High definition audio, tick "i accept" and download the needed driver.

if it doesn't work, try the AC97 driver.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Tarkan

Already tried there, the High Definiton ones won't work. They install and everything but I get that red cross over the speaker icon on my taskbar. As for the AC '97 one, it won't install as it keeps getting blocked by Windows Security. I get a pop-up with two choices, "Don't install this driver software" and "Install this driver software anyway". The notice from Windows Security is "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software". Bear in mind that I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 a few hours ago and I can't get it to work. If someone who has the machine like I do and uses Windows 7 32-bit, I'd be delighted if he/she forwards the files here. Also if someone else got the right drivers which will work, I utterly thank them. I thank you too for giving me this option and trying to help me. Smiley Happy

• IronFly

if you go to Device manager and click on the sound section and double click the HD realtek device, there's any error message on driver?

• Tarkan

Yes, it's this one:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

• IronFly

Do you have any yellow exclamation mark on Device manager?

please check windows audio service too:

windows logo key + r

type

services.msc

look for windows audio and check if it's set as automatic, if not, set it automatic, save and reboot