Acer Aspire 7736z-4088

nickg1287
nickg1287 Member Posts: 5 New User

Optiarc DVD RW AD-7585H reads and writes CDs. Will also read DVD-r. Will not load nor read DVD-rw.

Reasons?

Thanks.

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

Sorry your having issues with your computer, Is this some new DVD-RW or older with data already on them? I know it shouldn't matter as it is RW so should be able to load and re Write over if it was data that you didn't want. I am not sure if maybe you ended up with a system that is only for +RW I know most of today are both+- but if it was a used  computer maybe someone did a swap? I know it is said that system comes with a DVD+-R and RW and RW DL so should be no issue. 

Have you tried +RW? That format is better then the - and uses ADIP (Address in Pregroove) where the - uses the LPP (Land Pre Pit) the + is also faster and able to Locate data to byte accuracy, where the - is slower and don't have that accuracy. 

Only thing I could think of is trying to DL your Sata drivers for your system and re install them.... Could be Driver issue if the drive is standard drive for the unit. Reminds me of the days of Coasters when we would try and burn DVD or CDs on some drives. Some didn't like colors they would open start to burn and then fail so dics would be bad. Some had issues with Black... Still have a few of the old Recordable CD lol.... 

James

• nickg1287
    nickg1287 Member Posts: 5 New User

Thanks RM. These DVD-RW discs had data on them from this laptop.

I just ran across 8 of these today and thought I would just format them

and use them for something. I got 1 (or 2?) to load and format. But then

they wouldn't load at all. I finally dug out a movie DVD and it loaded

and played. Sure that was a DVD-R only. It's not a big deal but just curious.

These DVD-RWs had my WIndow 7 backup partitions on them way before

I started using an external drive to do ISO image backups.

The discs ar probably just worn and rusty. (joke) I'll just get another

DVD-R and DVD-RW from a friend and see what happens.

I'll get back with results in do time.

Thanks again.