Acer AXC-603G-UW14 Win 8.1 After Windows Update - Black Screen

partsgirl
partsgirl Member Posts: 16 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I just got my Acer AXC-603G back from Asurion / Walmart (Warranty) yesterday-They fixed an issue with ethernet port not connecting, noted "replaced part". They used the requested recovery drive I sent along with the pc, so there were 193 Windows Updates. I let them run all night, while at the pc this am I see that they completed, the pc restarted and all I got was a beep at the start up and a Black screen. I did have the free Windows 10 upgrade, but now back to 8.1.

HELP?? Ive been without the pc for over a week and really need it functional. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Oh and to sweeten the issue...since the pc connected fine and updates were moving right along, I REFORMATTED MY RECOVERY DRIVE!!! So now I have NO recovery media at all!

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

ring Acer service.

be sure that you put the battery back with the correct polarity.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

if you don't need windows 8.1, do a windows 10 clean install instead.

by the way, are you able to see BIOS or the Acer boot logo at boot?

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
  • JordanB
  • partsgirl

Fresh install of Windows 10 sounds simple enough - Thanks!
    No, when ou turn the pc on, it beeps once, no nothing from that point. You do see the power light on and opposite at the bottom there is another light that blinks as if it's thinking about doing something. Just a blank screen. I appreciate your response!

• partsgirl

I appreciate the link, however creating the recovery drive is not an option at this moment (using that method) as I cant get past the one beep at power up then goes into black screen-No logo, no nothing.

• IronFly

are you able to open the PC case and disconnect the HDD/SSD?

then try to boot to BIOS pressing Del key.

• partsgirl

Sure, I can do that, but question...dont laugh...what the heck do I do when and if I boot to BIOS. Not really comfortable enough to swim there without my floaties. I'll give it a shot though...stand by.

• IronFly

this is just to test if it's an HDD issue or hardware/BIOS issue.

• partsgirl

Ok, I unplugged it, side cover off, and took ata cable from HDD from MB. Powered it up pressing the del key and no bios

Side note: I found this (https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/list/p/2070) and also tried it ...Grasping at straws here...JUST got the darn thing back yesterday...Sigh.

Systems that ship with Windows 8.1 allow you to restore to factory defaults by pressing Alt + F10 when the computer is booting up. Use the following steps to restore the your computer to factory...

• IronFly

ok, 2 more steps then...if it still no boot properly, it's time to call Acer again.

with your side cover off, unplug AC power cable too

look for a silver round battery, it's in the up side of the motherboard

take it off

then press power button twice (with AC power cable still unplugged)

wait 5 minutes

put battery back

plug the AC power cable

and try to boot to BIOS

• partsgirl

Sure, I'll need a few minutes but thanks for hanging with me on this. Greatly appreciated!

• partsgirl

question...Should I disconnect the hdd followed by the delete key? or just press the delete key. Better to ask. All other steps are completed.

• IronFly

yes, try with the HDD disconnected first.

HDD disconnected

press power button

press Del key at boot

cross fingers (optional) Smiley Very Happy

• partsgirl

you got it...stand by...

• partsgirl

Well now that was interesting!  Not sure if I did something wrong but followed your words. Hit the power and pressed delete key. It sounded very odd...almost like a car wanting to stall out, then it kicked back to a normal hum but no bios, no acer logo, no nothing.

Im not sure what this is looking like to you, hardware? If so, Im golden, still under warranty.

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

ring Acer service.

be sure that you put the battery back with the correct polarity.

• partsgirl

Yes, battery is correct. What is the issue looking like? HDD? Just want to point them in the right direction. Here's a laugh for you...Asurion Help Desk said they only help with hardware portion of the extended warranty and I should call HP for any sw issues...She even gave me the number...and here I am.

• JordanB

Try another monitor if you can.  Make sure cables are plugged in properly.

You can also follow the steps below for your computer monitor.

displayts.PNG

• IronFly

LOL really funny Smiley Very Happy

• partsgirl

Good looking out. I actually have a dual monitor set up and did think of that earlier. I mean EVERYTHING was on the road to perfect until the 193 updates completed and the pc rebooted, or tried.