ATC-705-UC52 and GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC 4G

erothoff
erothoff Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I tried upgrading my video card to a GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC 4G and I upgraded the power supply to a EVGA 500W power supply, but the windows 10 drivers and the nvidia drivers all give errors (Yellow "!" saying that the driver could not load) Screen size when down to 600x480 so it was hard to do anything. Suggestions?

Best Answer

• erothoff
    Answer ✓

Turned out, I must have had some leftover Nvidia drivers from somewhere. I removed using Display Driver Uninstaller all of the Nvidia drivers, rebooted and then installed just the specific Nvidia drivers for the GTX 1050 Ti from the website, (Not the GeForce Experience, nor the drivers on the CD.) and then it worked.

I also install the Linux drivers for the card for my Linux Mint partition. There I had to stop the X Window System system and in a virtual console, install the drivers from NVidia from the command line. The build in Nvidia drivers would not work, you need the Nvidia drivers from the website.

Hope this helps others.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

have you installed nVidia drivers?

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/114351

select custom install and choose "clean install"

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • erothoff

Yes, I had the Nvidia drivers installed as well. I will try to remove all the drivers and try again after work tonight. But my previous drivers was Intel drivers, so there SHOULDN'T have been a problem. But try, try again....

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

how many display adapters have you listed on device manager?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • erothoff
    Answer ✓

Turned out, I must have had some leftover Nvidia drivers from somewhere. I removed using Display Driver Uninstaller all of the Nvidia drivers, rebooted and then installed just the specific Nvidia drivers for the GTX 1050 Ti from the website, (Not the GeForce Experience, nor the drivers on the CD.) and then it worked.

I also install the Linux drivers for the card for my Linux Mint partition. There I had to stop the X Window System system and in a virtual console, install the drivers from NVidia from the command line. The build in Nvidia drivers would not work, you need the Nvidia drivers from the website.

Hope this helps others.