ACER ASPIRE Z3-605

kbyrne
kbyrne Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

My keyboard may have an issue, so I'm relying on touch screen to use desktop.  It boots up but won't respond to touch so I can get to the password screen.  

Answers

• ddd
    ddd Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Keyboards are really cheap, just replace it.

But first, plug it into another usb slot, it's possible the current usb slot has become damaged.  If you get LEDs to light up on the keyboard, at least you know the keyboard is getting power.

You can also try your keyboard on another computer, that would verify whether or not the actual keyboard is bad.

• kbyrne
    kbyrne Member Posts: 2 New User
    I did finally plug in a razor gaming keyboard the type that lights up when connected. It doesn't light up in any of the ports so they must be damaged. When I turn the computer in the lower left a picture shows up like a cord problem picture. Wish I could upload the pic. I guess it's going to the shop. Thank you.
  • ddd

Tinkerer

Some Razor keyboards require that a driver be installed.  The drivers are on Razor's website.

I checked my usb ports with a mouse, because they usually light up at bottom.

You can also try a usb key, and see if you can read the files off of it.

• ddd

Tinkerer

Razor keyboards are gaming keyboards (have mechanical switches) and a lot of added functionality.  That's why they have drivers or special software for them.