wifi disconnects on Acer Iconia One 7 (B1-730HD)

2»

Answers

• easyhostmedia
    easyhostmedia Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

clearly no one on here or acer know how acer products work 

i will be looking at replacing my acer with a tablet from a genuine company that can solve issue

• jaymorley
    jaymorley Member Posts: 2 New User

Retailers are are quick to offload these items at cheaper prices however what they should do is pull them and send them back. 

My laptop and PC are both Acer and I thought this would be a safe bet however the general rule of thumb is that if something's too good to be true then it generally is. A tablet with such a sizeable hard drive at the price I paid generally set the alarm bells ringing. I looked at various reviews and it seemed pretty decent. I was wrong.

It might seem a small thing to Acer simply to put the wifi code in every few hours or when it's turned on. Not when you've got a child who wakes up early and grabs his tablet thus has to waken his parents. The grandparent also have Acer products and ought it was amusing. That was until they had a sleepover and it was them being woken!

Result is 2 households will no longer purchase anything Acer again. 

Obviously the the tablet isn't cost effective to maintain for them therefore they just aren't going to support it.

• easyhostmedia

Tinkerer

jaymorley wrote:

Retailers are are quick to offload these items at cheaper prices however what they should do is pull them and send them back. 

My laptop and PC are both Acer and I thought this would be a safe bet however the general rule of thumb is that if something's too good to be true then it generally is. A tablet with such a sizeable hard drive at the price I paid generally set the alarm bells ringing. I looked at various reviews and it seemed pretty decent. I was wrong.

It might seem a small thing to Acer simply to put the wifi code in every few hours or when it's turned on. Not when you've got a child who wakes up early and grabs his tablet thus has to waken his parents. The grandparent also have Acer products and ought it was amusing. That was until they had a sleepover and it was them being woken!

Result is 2 households will no longer purchase anything Acer again. 

Obviously the the tablet isn't cost effective to maintain for them therefore they just aren't going to support it.

well they must not heard of UK trading laws in that items must be fit for purpose, if the wifi keeps going dowwn then its not fit for purpose

• easyhostmedia

Tinkerer

all live chat can say is reset tablet, which wuill lose everything on the tabler. so lets see how they operated when banned in UK for selling faulty goods