wifi disconnects on Acer Iconia One 7 (B1-730HD)

easyhostmedia
easyhostmedia Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I haver an Acer Iconia One 7 (B1-730HD) I have noticed that when it goes to sleep it also disconnect the wifi and when i wake it up i have to manually activate the wifi and add my wifi password again.

Is their a way to keep the wifi connected 

Answers

• Hi,

Yes you can.

1. Settings

2. Wi-Fi

3. Advanced

4. Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep > Alway . 

• easyhostmedia

Tinkerer

Thanks searched everywhere and could not find solution

• Welcome
  • easyhostmedia

Tinkerer

well even though i have it set  as always to keep wifi on during slleep, it still drops wifi connect and i have to keep typping in my wifi password.

• TigerInGA
    TigerInGA Member Posts: 1 New User

Our Iconia One7 B1-730HD drops wifi connect and I have to keep typing in my WiFi password.  I have also set it as "always to keep wifi on during slleep".

Has anyone found a solution?  Smiley Sad

• easyhostmedia

Tinkerer

No one at Acer were willing to help me, so i returned it to retailer who at first refused to exchange as they diod not deem this to be a fault until i got my phone one and stated i was going to phone trading standards as they are breaching the Sales of Goods Act by selling faulty goods.  It was strange they suddently changed their minds and decided to exchange the tablet.

the new tablet has never produced any issues.

• m-p-3
    m-p-3 Member Posts: 1 New User

Same problem here. Every time I turn off or put the tablet in airplane mode all my saved wifi passwords are forgotten. This is a really big flaw for a device that heavily rely on Wi-Fi access to work.

I hope we'll see a system update to fix that problem, but sadly I think this might not happen. I'll hold onto it for a moment, and will probably exchange it to another company that care.

• Kendal
    Kendal Member Posts: 5 New User

I purchased two of these tablets for my kids. Both tablets have this issue. I have to re-enter the wifi password several times a day.
    I tried the settings tip mentioned above. I also tried a factory reset, which only helped for a few days.
    This is obviously a known issue. Can someone at Acer address this? I am really regretting my purchase. Man Sad

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Kendal, you have private messages waiting. Please look for the white envelope in the green box on the upper right.

• Kendal

Thanks, I just replied in the private channel. But for the community record, I feel that this issue shouyld not be marked as solved. It is clearly a known issue and should be addressed as such.

• Black-Bird
    Black-Bird Member Posts: 5 New User

I'm still having this issue. Did it ever get solved for you?

• Kendal

No, it has not been resolved. I don't think it will be either.

Calling the 1-800 tech support number was useless as well. All they recommended was a hard re-set(which did not work). Ever seen "the IT Crowd"? This was the equivalent of, "have you tried turning off and back on again?"

It is clearly a known and unresolved issue. I am not asking the moderators to solve a tech issue, I am asking them to remove the "solved" status from all of these threads that refer to the problem. I am also asking them to escalate the problem to someone at Acer who has the pull to actually fix it.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• Black-Bird
    Black-Bird Member Posts: 5 New User

I'm behind this all the way. If you ever need someone else to back something send me the link. This needs to be sorted.

• kc567567
    kc567567 Member Posts: 4 New User

Or .... since i just ordered one ..... if i have this problem, i think i will just return it and buy a different brand. I mean, really ..... consistant wifi re-connect should be a given. Wish me luck!

kc

• Kendal

Yeah, I might reconsider that purchase until they actually address this. If I had one with this issue, I might be more patient, but I bought 2 of them. Both have the same problem. To be clear, the WiFi stays disconnected as long as it doesn't get turned off or go into sleep mode. Then when you turn it back on, it doesn't store the WiFi password, so you have to re-enter it. So if the battery dies or an app crashes it, it will do it again.

It's shameful that this conversation has a large green checkmmark that says "solved" because that tells me they are doing nothing. The front line support people did not even seem to understand the issue. They just go to the lazy answer; factory reset.  They won't even let me start a new thread on this forum as they say it is a "duplicate thread." I'm not sure where to go next with it. I'm tempted to start beaking at Acer on Twitter, but I hate doing that....

• kc567567
    kc567567 Member Posts: 4 New User

. To be clear, the WiFi stays disconnected as long as it doesn't get turned off or go into sleep mode. Then when you turn it back on, it doesn't store the WiFi password, so you have to re-enter it. So if the battery dies or an app crashes it, it will do it again.

I think you meant " ......stays connected as long as ....." so i'm going to go with that. When i turn if off, then on it automatically connects. When i turn it to sleep in 30 seconds and let it sleep, it will wake up and reconnect to wifi automatically.

I'm running 4.2.2 (after updating at startup) and its offering to go to 4.4.2 (and warning about the SD card related changes). So i didn't let it update yet  ..... maybe wifi disconnect is related to 4.4.2 ?????? Do you know?

Anyway, so far the unit seems great. How many have reported wifi problems? This is my first Acer and first day on the forum so i'm uninformed to say the least.

I have had two other tablets, both 10". The Sony  sometimes won't wifi connect after sleep .... so you go to settings, slide wifi OFF, then ON ..... it reconnects, but,the password is never forgotton. Try the "wifi OFF/ON" though .... just to test it. Our 10", 2.5 year old Samsung died outright 4 months ago .... now a $400 paperweight.

KC

• jaymorley
    jaymorley Member Posts: 2 New User

Wish I had read about this issue before buying!

Bought this for my son and it was brilliant for around 7 days then started forgetting the wifi settings. Tried the advanced options which seemed to work as long as the tablet isn't turned off, as it then forgets again. Kept it on for 2 days however when my son went to use it it had forgetten them!

I was about to replicate that puyrchase for my daughter but glad I didn't!

Disappointing that nobody from Acer has really addressed this issue other than to comment on the advanced settings workaround, which doesbn't work!

• aves
    aves Member Posts: 1 New User

Same here and the battery problem Tesco won't do anything

• sophia2105
    sophia2105 Member Posts: 5 New User

thanks

• easyhostmedia

Tinkerer

So the same issue has started again.

you can see by the image

Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep is set to Always, but makes no difference