need B1-760HD firmware

Maurice_21
Maurice_21 Member Posts: 16 New User
Hello has anyone got a B1-760HD or Acer Iconia One 7 Firmware? I need it to get my tablet out of the bootloop thanks

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

I have requested the ROM be posted for this product. I would check back with our support site in about a week to see if the file has been posted. It will be posted under the OS section after you select your product.

• Maurice_21
    Hello, thank you for uploading the OS, but when I select the package in apply update from sdcard (in recovery mode) it says opening package.... And after 1mins says installation aborted? Could you assist me with this? Thanks my tablet is "Acer_AV0L0_B1-760HD_1.009.00_WW_GEN1
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer

When you downloaded the file from the support site it was a zip file with a long name. If you extract that zip file there should be either one or two files included, 'update.zip' and possibly a text file with installation instruction. The update.zip file is the one you want to place in the root of your SD card, without any changes. It should still be named update.zip and shouldn't be extracted. The recovery mode knows how to take it from there.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Maurice_21
    Hello thanks once again, but could I please have a detailed step by step guide on how to do this as I am still getting "installation aborted" when opening the package update zip package in recovery mode....
  • billsey

If the file in the root of the SD card is 'update.zip' then it should work... Is there any chance the SD card isn't in FAT32 format? I don't believe NTFS or exFAT will work.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Maurice_21
    How do I find out what type my SD card is?
  • shikata6
    shikata6 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello! For me also not installed."installation aborted"

• billsey

Maurice_21 wrote:
    How do I find out what type my SD card is?

Easiest way is to plug it into a PC and bring up properties.

• Maurice_21
    My PC does not have a SD card slot :/, is there any other way to install the O.S?
  • billsey

Nope, you need an SD card formatted FAT32 with the correct update.zip file on it in the root directory. Could you ask someone else to verify the SD card is formatted FAT32 for you?

• Maurice_21
    How do I format it to FAT32 I tried YouTube tutorials but no luck..?
  • billsey

Easiest on a Windows machine... Right click it in File Explorer, choose Format, change to FAT32 and do a quick format.

• Maurice_21
    Hellp once again, after countless efforts of trying my computer kept responding wuth error... anu other way to get my tablet pass the boot lpgo because of a system corruption?
  • billsey

You pretty much still need to install that OS image to get it back. Perhaps you have a technician in your area that could help?

• Maurice_21
    Hmmm, I could go to a phone repair shop but do you think yhey would charge me for installing an OS?
  • Maurice_21
    Hello again I have formated my SD Card to FAT32 butsstill getting the installation aborted message
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

it writes only installation aborted?

nothing else as error?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Maurice_21
    Nope just opening package and after a minute or 2 says installation aborted. I tried re-downloading the OS but could not find an update zip in it
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

time to ask for help. Smiley Happy

hang tight.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention. I am currently looking into this. Can you confirm the name of the file you are trying to load, so I can see if we can duplicate this?