my Iconia B1 tablet screen is frozen and stuck on welcome screen when reboot

chizzie
chizzie Member Posts: 2 New User

hi all, I have an Iconia B1 tablet, bought May 2013 so out of warranty. Just lately its been very temperamental with the screen, Some parts of the touchscreen will work and some will not and it might only work if its rotated certain ways. I have pressed the reboot setting on the side, it loads up as far as the welcome screen and after many frustrated attempts I get it to settle on English (uk) but it wont let me touch the start button. Getting very frustrated now ... any ideas of how to get it going.  The screen is not damaged or broken in anyway (if that makes a difference to answers). Thanks all.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Try this:

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29893

click on "factory reset using key combination"

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • chizzie
    chizzie Member Posts: 2 New User

hi, thanks for that I have tried that and it worked to an extent, it gets me back to the welcome screen, I choose English(UK) but nothing happens when i tap the start button.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

the start button is greyed or white texted?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Fluffy1
    Fluffy1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, I'm having the same problem, Had ghosting in the beginning, so after looking on the acer site decided to do a soft and then hard resent, as the soft did not work. Srceen is now frozen on welcome screen. This all started happen just sfter I have it a 12 month. Any Help great, Thanks

This discussion has been closed.