is anyone else having problems with the iconia w510 touch pad?

markcosmic
markcosmic Member Posts: 1 New User

Does anyone think it's odd that the Iconia w510 has no touchpad software such as Elantech. I understand windows 8 is smart, but there's now way to adjust things like touch sensitivity. My touch pad is mostly useless randomly jumping around the screen as I try to use it. An Acer support tech wanted me to reinstall windows. What a last resort lame ***** anwser, for a simple fix and that is ACER GIVE US TOUCH PAD SOFTWARE FOR WINDOWS 8. Acers earlier aspire touch pad software was good alowing for multi touch when multi touch was just geting started. So please acer don't asume Microsoft is going to address your problem. SO GET ON THE BALL AN FIX IT!

Answers

• cr3v3tt3
    cr3v3tt3 Member Posts: 11 New User

I have seen some suggestion on some other thread saying that if you hold the bottom of the touchpad with your thumbs (on the back of the dock) and you push the touchpad with your fingers a little hard (until you hear a third click or sth like that) it will work as it should

Don't blame me if you ruin it tho ; mine worked perfectly this way Smiley Happy

• mafa
    mafa Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I have the problem that my touch screen does not respond anymore - its is simply dead! The only way to keep working with my Iconia W510 is the keypad and the touch pad. Can anyone help please??

Thanks in advance

Marc

This discussion has been closed.