iconia B1-711 unable to exit android updating "man"

TonyG1
TonyG1 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi peeps, newbie here. i have an issue now with my iconia B1-711 which has been running fine until a few months ago. noticed that it kept freezing randomly and i finally restored it to factory and upgraded to kitkat thinking it would solve freezing. this continued to happen and i had to regularly hard reboot(didnt realise there was a soft reboot option). i decided to restore again and in the process a few odd things happened and the install procedure was inturrupted by my Beagle mutt jumping on the table! The tablet is currently stuck in the updating mode with the android man and the hard boot wont work in any way. the only thing that works is the soft boot with the pin and this only restarts the tablet, acer screen then andriod man when charging on. if not charging it turns off. i've even tried disconnecting the battery but no reset. would installing the kitkat os from acer onto a sd card and inserting work? or is this tablet now a fancy twin coaster? would love it to continue to work as it was very good for me with enough memory speed and 3g. even the screen was able to dim enough to allow me to sleep. its also a very light tablet for me which is important because of my weak hands from my muscular dystrophy. any advice would help as im not having much luck this week with my gadgets...mobile giving up after 2 years and laptop doing the same after similar life. thanks guys and gals