i have just purchased a brand new acer iconia b1/a71 wifi not working

khris100
khris100 Member Posts: 4 New User

i have just purchased a brand new acer iconia b1/a71 wifi not working any time i put the setting page up it doesnt do anything apart from saying (turning wifi on)?? can anyone help??

Answers

• mr_abrehman
    mr_abrehman Member Posts: 4 New User

I am having the same problem. purchased the tablet yesterday and its brand new. while in the very start the device is showing (Turning on Wi fi) but ending in no response. If i dont connect it to the internet , this will be of no use. plz help me ASAP. my wifi is not working

• khris100

I have still not fixed the problem but I will get back to you as soon as I have found out what to do to fix the.promlem? If you could please do the same with me? Can I just ask U does your searial number come up as one yours? Mine is not available so I can't even tell the up address or mac? Anyways hopefully talk soon!! Good luck??lol

• khris100

I have still not fixed the problem but I will get back to you as soon as I have found out what to do to fix the.promlem? If you could please do the same with me? Can I just ask U does your searial number come up as one yours? Mine is not available so I can't even tell the up address or mac? Anyways hopefully talk soon!! Good luck??lol

• mr_abrehman

i did the registration online with ACER and they gave me the serial number, but the was mentioned on the box too so not to worry. after that i was facing this wifi problem, now i have even tried with factory reset but its not working anymore. i m planning to go to the market to claim the warranty. its just to very baaad...

khris100 wrote:

• mr_abrehman

and dont u worry friend. u ll be the first one on earth who ll be getting the solution  (if i get one) :-D

• mr_abrehman

and why dont u go and try to claim the warranty?????

• khris100
    Hi dude? Iv been on the fone to Acer all day and they said its something that can't be fixed over the phone so they are sending someone out to pick it up tomorrow? Iv still not found out if this is going to be free of charge or I need to pay it out my own pocket? I'll keep U informed either way! Spksn! Mr D!
  • zach
    zach Member Posts: 3 New User

try turning it off and on again

• bondroid
    bondroid Member Posts: 29 New User
    I have minor problem w/ file transfer, but generally my B1 are fine from the start.

Try Reset it. Pressing the small whole w/clipper.
    If it doesn't work, then go to service centre & claim warranty.
  • qazwsx12
    qazwsx12 Member Posts: 3 New User

hi,

whether ur wifi problem is now ok can u please share, because am facing the same problem

• gcsgupta
    gcsgupta Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter

Please follow the steps below to refresh the IP addresses of your network:

1- Turn off your wireless router (and unplug it from the electricity outlet if it does not have a power button)

2- Turn off your internet modem (if you have one) and unplug it from the electricity outlet

3- Turn off your computer(s)

4- Turn off your wireless printer(s) or anyother devices connected to the network

5- Wait 60 seconds

6- Turn them all ON again.

7- Wait 5 minutes (yes, 5 minutes please)

8- Try to connect

Does it work now?

Regards,

GG

This discussion has been closed.