delete trash from email

Chattykat
Chattykat Member Posts: 3 New User

How do I delete the trash from my tablet (emails) 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Which email client are you using? Who provides your email (Gmail, your ISP, Yahoo?)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Chattykat

gmail on tablet

• billsey

OK. I'll fire up one of my tablets and step through the process. If yours is different let me know and I'll see if I can go through it on a tablet with the same OS version.

Open Gmail, it should show you your inbox with a search icon (magnifying glass) at top right and a menu icon (three lines) at top left. Click the menu icon.

You should now see the menu on the left side of the screen. Scroll down to the Trash can, it should be just under the Spam and above Settings. Click on it.

You should now see the content of your Trash. At the top is a disclaimer saying they will delete items automatically after 30 days an just below that is a link saying EMPTY TRASH NOW. I'll leave the rest to you. Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Chattykat
    Thanks for your email: Now I am really confused.
    I have the ACer tablet.
    If I select Mail from the screen, it brings up my AOL Mail
    or I can go and select GMail.
    My Gmail trash is empty.

I need to delete the trash from AOL mail.
    it keeps showing 999+ and no option anywhere to delete it all.
    thanks
  • billsey

Ah, so you are using either the regular client or a web interface. Since you are clicking on 'Mail' I'll assume the regular client.  The Gmail client is defaulted and optimized for gmail, the regular client is not. I just fired up Email on my tablet and the procedure is pretty much the same. I don't have a Yahoo account, but they should show you a Trash or Deleted Items or something similar in the list of folder you get on the left side when clicking on the three lines at top left. My server shows Unread, Drafts, Outbox, Sent and Trash as well as the normal Inbox.

OK, I setup a Yahoo account (are you sure you are not using the Yahoo app?) and entered it into the mail app... Same thing, there's a Trash that shows up when I hit the three lines at top left.

[A few seconds later]

Aha! When you long click on the trash folder there isn't an 'Empty' option. You have to go into the folder, select all the messages then hit the trashcan to get rid of them all. A shortcut to select all on some versions is press and hold on the first message and after the checkmark appears you have a new icon for select all. They took it back out on most newer versions though since it made it too easy to deleted things you didn't want to delete.

You can also use your browser to go to the Yahoo web interface for mail and clean them out there...